Saturday, December 12, 2015

TiA-isms: The grossly elongated LGBTQ+ acronym

Taking my break from my depressive and angry raving about a man who doesn't even contact me anymore to post some dumb shit

By this point, I've become a regular lurker on TiA, and of course, sometimes, I contribute. I used to be a more active poster until I ran out of suitable material and generally found myself too dissatisfied with even the most hysterically inaccurate assumptions and fallacies spouted by the dense morons, but I still frequently lurke, so I recently revamped my activity as an actual follower of TiA with some commentary. There was a post about "gender flags", including such bogus melarky as "trigender", the whole agender controversy, which I find to be incredibly polarizing but still improbable, and genderfluidity, which either refers to tryhard cis girls with tomboy mannerisms or sometimes, the actual very veery rare, and when I mean rare, I mean like, one of billions (so don't get your panties in a twist), person with dysphoria who fluctuated between feeling masculine and feminine. Most tumblrinas are whiny teenage to twentysomething females. I am somewhat a female misogynist, but let's face it, the needless drama, infighting, and overspecialization is just an oversaturation of poor feminine misbehavior and petty jealousy, which'd make sense since most LGBTIUIABCDEFG (the list might as well comprise an entire alphabets worth of letters, since it's getting longer by the day). There are SOME guys, but they're outnumbered by the delusional females.

So I bring in my first comment. With the ridiculous influx of new identities that are merely components of preexisting ones, outright false, could be named by something that already exists, improbable, or downright impossible? 


(this response actually got a chuckle out of me. TiA is generally a pretty amusing place if you're not tumblrina fodder, and if you have the capacity to not be offended by free-range sarcasm. there's an overabundance of people there who enjoy joking around, and also a fair amount of people who'll be willing to give you long winded, well worded answers that put a uni student to shame. It's a pretty diverse and interesting sub that isn't filled to the brim with tumblr's toxicity. be warned, you'll probably be banned from r/offmychest for posting tho)

The acronym for the LGBTQ+ community is being passed around like fucking syphillis, and each person seems to try and transmit a new letter to an acronym that's already a damn pain to pronounce in real conversation. Try saying "LGBTQUIA", and whatever else is added in the future to this shopping list, in real conversation, and watch someone give you a quizzical look of complete and utter confusion. Why? Because it's damn near unpronounceable. It's not understandable. It's nonsense. Try saying it, watch yourself stumble. It's simply not meant to be lengthy. That's the purpose of an acronym. To be snappy, short, to the point.

This "new" melarky also includes IDs that either are deemed to be very very rare, and filled with fallacy. 

Intersex people are pretty damn rare, I wouldn't at all call being intersex a gender identity unless the person involved has dysphoria. There are likely some intersex people who grow up to fit within what Tumblr calls "MEHHHH RESTRICTIVE GENDER BIIIIIIINARYYYY!1!1!1". Because, let's see, a good 95%- if not higher - of the damn world is Cissy. Cis. Most people. Yes, pretty much, most people, grow up to fit into the Oppressive Gender Binary. 

Shockingly astonished, the tumblrina doubled over and Xe Xir Xizzle Zerp You're An Oppressive Shitlord Twerp died from her morbid obesity, though in her will, she cited her Crippling Self Diagnosed PTSD as the cause of her demise.

True "Asexuality, or Aromancticism??" is EXCEEDINGLY rare, most people have romantic feelings and sex drives, some more rarely than others. If you derive sexual pleasure from something even if it's only in the comfort of your own home, and don't necessarily want to have sex with other people, that still means you have a sex drive. If you're more interested in sexual aspects before romanticism, that doesn't mean you're repelled by romance. Very few fucking people have the inclination towards disdain or boredom towards these things, for many people, their sexuality doesn't develop as early on! That's normal. And everyone goes at their own pace. Some people feel that they can't have intervourse or be in a relationship due to trauma, but may still have undertones of this. Very few people are actually 100% uninterested in these acts. Most people claiming they ID with these labels are either people who claim to have lesser "urges" than others (you still have them, dense loons), or young people who are inexperienced, not all of therefore interested in participating in sexual or romantic relationships yet.

I don't know what "U" means. I'm just going to say it's "Ugh". As in, "ugh, please stop, tumblr, please stop, before your infection spreads to the real life population and the easily influenced youth".

I mean, I would not have such a problem with it if there was more validity, but I always felt like the acronym and the movement were intended for identities that'd long been considered "unacceptable", and since I don't remember the last time someone user "asexual" as the butt of a joke or as a placeholder for the word "stupid", let alone the last time someone derived any stereotypes from the identity, I can't say I can put it on the list. Considering the degree of asexual people in comparison to the gay, lesbian, bi, and trans population, it's far too marginal to even deserve its own spot. Intersex is extremely debatable, but I don't consider it to be a gender of its own class either. Intersex people may very well go on to identify as something else.
And once again, both instances here, these are more "marginalized" by a significant amount than any of the "groups" listed. Like, less than a percent of the population. Perhaps less than half a percent. This is just an excuse to try and oppress yourselves, people. Using false pretenses for what asexuality is, by the way.

The nearest cliff is that way, I suggest you go and plunge headfirst into the water underlying it, swim in your own, murky, shitstained words.

This isn't funny. This isn't cute. As a person whose part of the "acronyms", sincerely, fuck off. I've dealt with this sexuality confusion my entire life and spent years without a supportive parent backing me, but a bigoted and abusive mother demeaning me. People love to act like I didn't struggle at all, having nothing to confide in and all until I moved into an environment where I didn't feel constantly judged. And on top of that being verbally and sometimes physically thrown around for the slightest infraction

A lot of people like to try and discount bisexuality's validity, specifically these sorts of people. The ones who won't stop trying to perpetuate their awful little additions. Trying to replace bisexuality with pansexuality and whatnot, the latter which I now realize is pretty damn near made up.

Slow clap for you guys. Totes appreciate being booed out of the LGBTQ circle by a bunch of you fake queers.

No comments:

Post a Comment